Privacy has already become a prime concern for internet users all over the world. Google is the dominant customer along the giant Apple in the market for the last few years. This article contains list of must have apps which donot need your private sensitive data especially for android. So let’s begin.
Newpipe - An youtube alternative
Lightweight YouTube frontend that’s supposed to be used without the proprietary YouTube-API or any of Google’s (proprietary) play-services. NewPipe only parses the YouTube website in order to gain the information it needs.
- Search videos
- Display general information about a video
- Watch YouTube videos
- Listen to YouTube videos
- Popup mode (floating player)
- Select the streaming player to watch the video with
- Download videos
- Download audio only
- Open a video in Kodi
- Show Next/Related videos
- Search YouTube in a specific language
- Watch/Block age restricted material
- Display general information about channels
- Search channels
- Watch videos from a channel
- Orbot/Tor support (not yet directly)
- 1080p/2k/4k support
- View history
- Subscribe to channels
- Search history
- Search/Watch Playlists
- Watch as queues Playlists
- Queuing videos
- Local playlists
- Multi-service support (eg. SoundCloud)
and so on..
Mixplorer - All in one File Manager
MiXplorer (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and full-featured Android file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface. This app has no ads, is and will always remain free. It supports Android 2.0+ (Eclair).
- Easily themable with customization option which lets you select any color you like.
- Sort, disable and enable all menu options and action buttons.
- Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode and Drag and Drop between panels also supported.
- Easily create Tasks to multitask Copy, Move, … operations.
- Different various View Modes and Sorting Options for each folder separately!
- Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types already categorized.
- Advanced search functions.
- Custom USB OTG driver. FAT32 (R/W), exFat(R/W), NTFS (R).
- Html viewer which supports MHT, Markdown, AXml, CHM, MAFF and ….
- Export/Import all preferences and bookmarks and customized skins.
- Packing/unpacking 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard.
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR/RAR5, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI,
VDI,VHD, VMDK, XAR and Z.
- All your cloud storage needs accessible from one single app. Choose from 19 providers:
Amazon CloudDrive, Mega.co.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, 4Shared, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, OneDrive Business, pCloud, SugarSync, VDisk.
+clouds which support webdav like (Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe, …).
- Modifying zip files.
- EPub, MobiPacket and PDF reader.
- Root access for all advanced operations.
- User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
- EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
- File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
- FTP/HTTP Server built in + TCP server to receive files from other devices using MiX (Send-to option).
- Built-in Image Viewer (it supports GIF, SVG, TGA, ICO,…).
- Built-in Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
- Powerful Text Editor.
- SAMBA, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV supported as well.
Apart from these features developers provide a bunch of addons too. More details can be found on mixplorer